Lisa’s work has been featured in the anthologies, Unmasked, Women Write About Sex & Intimacy After Fifty and The Best of Vine Leaves Literary Journal. Her essays have been published in lit journals Adanna, The Crux, Fiction Southeast, Gravel, Slippery Elm, Foliate Oak, East Bay Review, and Shark Reef; and several times in media outlets. When she’s not writing, she practices Reiki specializing in unblocking creatives in all mediums and moving them (with humor and love) to the highest vision of themselves as artists.
- 2017 Vine Leaves Vignette Collection (coffee table book), Grievances, print, 11/17
- The Crux, Snowflake, 9/17
- Unmasked, Women Write About Sex & Intimacy After Fifty, Libido, print, 9/17
- Adanna, Why I Love Bike Commuting in Boston, 9/17
- Learning from Dogs, How this Handler and Service Dog Nurture One Another, 9/17
- Fiction Southeast, This Writer’s Secret to Doing What She Loves, 8/17
- Gravel, T-boned, 12/16
- Fiftiness, Not Having Children Was My Perfect Path, 12/16
- Slippery Elm, Forgive Me, print, 12/16
- Foliate Oak, What More Is There to Ask?, 9/16
- The Artist Unleashed, The Secret to Doing What You Love, 9/16
- East Bay Review, Becoming Our Fathers, 2/16
- Elephant Journal, She, Mother. Me, Daughter, 1/15
- Elephant Journal, What Happened When I Performed Reiki on My Conservative Mother, 1/15
- Elephant Journal, My Dear Friend, the Dirty, 12/14
- Shark Reef, The Subversive Writer, 7/14
Lisa is working on a collection of personal essays entitled Love and Blood Are the Color Red with Jayne Benjulian, poet and author of Five Sextillion Atoms, a work sited as “nuanced and gripping, the debut of a skilled portraitist and satirist.”
Nuanced and gripping—Lisa likes the sound of that.
Write to her at lisa dot demasi at gmail.