Lisa’s work has been featured in contests, anthologies, journals and media outlets. When she’s not writing, she takes hikes with Sabrina, and weaves in and out of traffic on her bike.
- Awarded Fairhope Writer-in-Residency, Wolff Cottage, Fairhope, Alabama, 8/18
- Vine Leaves Literary Journal, A Collection of Vignettes from Across the Globe (coffee table book), Grievances, print, 11/17
- Unmasked, Women Write About Sex & Intimacy After Fifty, Libido, print, 10/17
- The Crux, Snowflake, 10/17
- Adanna, Why I Love Bike Commuting in Boston, 10/17
- Direct2Dell, Dell EMC blog, 5 Ways to Make Friends at Work, 9/17
- 1888 Center | Why We Write, The Catalyst, 9/17
- Learning from Dogs Blog, Sabrina’s Loyalty, 8/17
- Fiction Southeast, This Writer’s Secret to Doing What She Loves, 8/17
- Gravel, T-boned, 12/16
- Fiftiness, Not Having Children Was My Perfect Path, 12/16
- Slippery Elm, Forgive Me, print, 12/16
- Foliate Oak, What More Is There to Ask?, 9/16
- The Artist Unleashed, The Secret to Doing What You Love, 9/16
- East Bay Review, Becoming Our Fathers, 2/16
- Elephant Journal, She, Mother. Me, Daughter, 1/15
- Elephant Journal, What Happened When I Performed Reiki on My Conservative Mother, 1/15
- Elephant Journal, My Dear Friend, the Dirty, 12/14
- Shark Reef, The Subversive Writer, 7/14
Lisa is working on a collection of personal essays entitled Love and Blood Are the Color Red with Jayne Benjulian, poet and author of Five Sextillion Atoms, a work sited as “nuanced and gripping.”
Lisa likes the sound of that.
Write to her at lisa dot demasi at gmail.